Chiropractic and Osteopathy deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders which affect your muscles, ligaments, joints and the nervous system. Both treat the origin of your pain and help your body to heal itself without medication.
People of all ages can benefit from chiropractic and osteopathic care. Chiropractic can also help women during and after pregnancy, babies recovering from birth trauma, children etc. Please ask us for more information.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about chiropractic and osteopathic care or if you are unsure if you should see a chiropractors or an osteopath to help with your condition.
- Institure of Osteopathy
- General Osteopathic Council
- Swansea University
(Why we collect your personal data and what we do with it)
When you supply your personal details to the Southwest Chiropractic Clinic they are stored and processed for 4 reasons:
- We need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
- We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
- We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for eight years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Our policy is to destroy records annually that are over eight years from the last visit.eir website: www.ico.org.uk
- On paper, in locked filing cabinets, and the offices are always locked and alarmed out of working hours.
- Electronically (“in the cloud”), using Cliniko, a practice management software. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected, and the passwords are changed regularly.
- On our office computers. These are password-protected, backed up regularly, and the office(s) are locked and alarmed out of working hours.
- On occasion, we will write letters or reports on our home computers. These will be transferred to the secure medical record software as soon as possible, then deleted from the home computer (which is password protected).
- Cliniko, our practice management software.
- Our practitioners in order that they can provide you with treatment.
- Our reception staff, because they organise our practitioners’ diaries, and coordinate appointments and reminders.
- Other administrative staff, such as our bookkeeper. They will not have access to your medical notes, just your essential contact details.
- We use a service called care response to collect outcome data – to measure how effective our care has been, but you can opt out of this at any time.
- We also use bOnline, Mailchimp and Yahoo to coordinate our messages, so your name and email address may be saved on their server.
From time to time, we may have to employ consultants to perform tasks which might give them access to your personal data (but not your medical notes). We will ensure that they are fully aware that they must treat that information as confidential, and we will ensure that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. Our Data Controller who is dealing with the breach, will explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to our Data Controller. Here are the details you need for that:
Tel: 01792 281100
Southwest Chiropractic Clinic
44 Sketty Road, Swansea, SA2 0LJ
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website: www.ico.org.uk
Send Us An Enquiry Today
OR FEEL FREE TO GIVE US A CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO MAKE A BOOKING. CLICK BELOW TO GET IN TOUCH TODAY.